Yesterday when we awoke at 5:45am, we learned that our pasta sunday date with the Gessers was cancelled and thus there were 18 hours left in the day to spend alone with the kids. We quickly rescheduled pasta sunday -- with the Remis. Pasta Sunday actually made a lot more sense with these guys since 1. they can cook and 2. Bev was our inspiration for our new pasta attachment maker which I've just started to practice with--more on that later. And she is a Pasta Master so she demoed her technique for me.
For my part I made a sauce using what was in the fridge (leftover from the fish I made last week) and also highly influenced from that dish.
Ma Pa Broccoli Rabe
- 1 bunch broccoli rabe, washed and chopped
- 1/2 lb ground pork
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup wine
- 1/2 lb firm silken tofu cut into 1/4 inch squares
- 2 cups broth
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 lemon squeezed
- 1 tbsp cream
- 1 cup parm cheese
- Blanch broccoli in salted boiling water for 5 minutes then shock in ice bath.
- Heat 2 tbsp olive oil over low heat and cook garlic for 3 minutes. Add pork and cook over med-high until cooked. Add wine to deglaze.
- Add tofu and mash until creamy.
- Add tomatoes, broth, lemon juice, salt and pepper
- Cook for 45 minutes, stirring. Then add cream and cheese.