I combined a couple similar recipes to come up with this one but you can really use any green and any bean (or even skip the beans.) It's fast and flavorful and keeps for a long time. A great quick reheat for lunch or dinner. And it's healthy and filling enough that it makes you feel like the Green Lantern. Maybe Batman on a good day.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 large celery stalk, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 1 can (15 ounces) chickpeas, drained
- 1 bunch Tuscan kale, stemmed, rinsed, and chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 6 cups chicken (or vegetable) broth
- 2 eggs
- 2 TBSP parmesan cheese (more to serve)
1. Heat oil over medium-high heat in a pot. Add onion, carrot, and celery; sauté until softened, about 5 minutes.
2. Add garlic, salt, and pepper; sauté until fragrant, about a minute.
3. Add kale; stir to wilt.
4. Add stock and chickpeas; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low simmer, partially covered, until tender, about 10 minutes.
5. Mix eggs and parmesan in small bowl. Add a ladle full of hot broth to temper. Stir and pour into soup.
6. Serve with more cheese and a sprinkle of olive oil.